Earlier this year there was a note that was popular on Facebook where people listed 25 things that represented them. I was in Asia at the time that most of my friends were participating in making these lists, so I missed out on most of them. I recently ran across a couple, and this made me think about what I would choose. So, here is my list. I’m not sure if these really capture who I am, and I know some of these things are random, but here they are anyway! 🙂
- My relationship with God is the most important relationship in my life.
- My passion is missions- taking the Gospel to the people who don’t have a chance to hear about Jesus- but I don’t consider myself to fall into the category of a ‘typical’ missionary.
- I love my family! I consider my siblings to be some of my best friends, and each one has been influential in my life. My parents are 2 of my heroes.
- Being a good big sister, a responsible oldest daughter, and a worthy role model as an oldest grandchild are roles that I take pretty seriously.
- I am a Nebraska farm girl, a small town Iowa girl and a big city Texas girl. I pretty much have loved every place that I’ve lived!
- I enjoy traveling, seeing new places and finding fun things about different cultures, but I get tired of flying pretty easily and I would rather be settled in one place than moving from place to place.
- My life goal is to worship God with believers on every continent. I still need to go to Africa, Australia and Antarctica (although I am more interested in the first two).
- I am fascinated by weddings- the dresses, flowers, music, etc. My dream was to be a wedding coordinator but then God shifted my focus to preparing the bride of Christ for the Bridegroom. I still love seeing friends’ wedding pictures, browsing wedding magazines every once in awhile, and popping into the wedding dress shop at the mall.
- I have always wanted to walk in a parade, wear a tiara, have a book published, be a good cook like my sister, and be influential in someone’s life. Not necessarily all at the same time.
- I have fallen in love with Starbucks, but because I am poor I don’t go very often. I love to take my Bible and journal, get a Vanilla Latte or Carmel Macchiato, and have some good reflection time.
- I miss my undergrad college days, and the community of the dorm that I lived in for 4 years. Those were some of the best years of my life.
- I love hearing “God-stories”, how God has worked in a way that only He can in peoples’ lives. Often these powerful stories will move me to tears.
- I love listening to the rain, but I hate getting wet. I especially don’t like when my feet or shoes get wet, or the bottom of my pants. I would much rather just be able to watch and hear the rain from inside.
- I am quiet, and I always have been. I would rather listen to what is going on around me than add to the conversation. I would much rather talk to people one-on-one than in a group. Mostly I feel like other people have something more important than anything I might have to say.
- I appreciate a dynamic speaker. I get very restless when I have to listen to a speaker who isn’t very engaging. I also get nervous for people who I know well who have to get up and perform. Sometimes I get more nervous than they do!
- I enjoy going to the public library and reading the Wall Street Journal, or buying it in the airport if I’m flying on the weekends (when it’s cheaper).
- Throughout my, life my dream jobs have been to be a writer, a journalist, a secretary, a veterinarian, and a wedding coordinator. I guess I am currently a secretary, so at least I have gotten to do one of my dream jobs!
- My favorite movies of all time are The Sound of Music, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, and Roman Holiday. I love just about any musical.
- I used to greatly dislike talking on the phone, especially having to make phone calls. But then when I worked one summer at my home church, the pastor asked me to call everyone in the church to remind them about a special service we were having that Sunday. That pretty much helped me get over my dislike of making phone calls.
- I would much rather write a letter to someone than send an email or make a phone call. I absolutely love getting mail!
- My primary love language (how I give and receive love) is gifts. The second is words of affirmation.
- I have a hard time being flexible, but traveling overseas has helped with that a little bit. I like to know what’s going on, and am very curious (which sometimes gets me in to trouble).
- I greatly dislike games that involve a high level of athleticism or skill. My favorite games would probably be Clue, Spoons and Phase Ten.
- I love working behind the scenes to help people. Even if I am just keeping the coffee pot filled, I enjoy serving people in this way.
- I hope to finish grad school, serve overseas, and live my life in total service to God wherever He takes me and in whatever way I can further His Kingdom.
Feel free to share your 25 things with me by email or whatever!
showed your woman essay to my lifelight class, they thought you did a nice job
liked your 25 things
you need to be a writter