The picture probably doesn’t do the meal justice. 🙂 Last night I made Creamy Green Spaghetti, a yummy and fresh version of the regular spaghetti sauce. I used whole wheat pasta which added an interesting flavor as well. Again, I cut the recipe in half and it was perfect for supper and my lunch today.
- 3/4 lb. spaghetti, uncooked
- 2 tsp. oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups torn romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 tub (10 oz.) Philadelphia® Italian Cheese and Herb Cooking Creme
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 cup Kraft® Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- Cook spaghetti as directed on package. Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add onions, peppers and garlic; cook and stir 5 min. or until crisp-tender. Stir in lettuce; cook 2 min. or until wilted. Transfer to blender. Add cooking creme, milk and cilantro; blend until smooth. Return to skillet.
- Drain spaghetti. Add to sauce in skillet; cook and stir 1 to 2 min. or until heated through.
- Remove from heat. Top with mozzarella; cover. Let stand 2 to 3 min. or until mozzarella is melted. Yield: 6 servings, 1 cup each.