I love Thanksgiving! It is a time to enjoy special time with family and reflect on God’s goodness. I have been thinking back over this year, and I am amazed at all that has happened! I see God’s hand and His plan that is unfolding and bigger than I could have imagined. Here are a few of the highlights for me from this last year:
– Taking a class from Kent and Erika- squeezing an amazing amount of information and digging into God’s Word into two weeks! God deepened my conviction for those who haven’t had a chance to hear about Jesus and also stirred my heart to increase my prayers for Cambodia and the unreached. Out of this came a very special weekly time of prayer with my now-teammate Kristin.
– Finishing three years of study at Dallas Baptist University and celebrating with friends and family. It has been a privilege to get to further my education and learn from great professors and fellow students.
– Lovely visits from friends, exploring Dallas together and making memories
– Getting to go home to Nebraska for two cousins’ weddings, and spending some really special time with family.
– Seeing prayers answered as my sister went to Cambodia and watching her journey begin to the nations
– A deepening love for the Khmer people, seeing God provide in amazing ways as I prepare to go, and confirmation that this the way and I am to walk in it, even as I battle fears or doubts. God continues to use His Word, songs and stories to confirm this direction.
The way is not always easy, but God’s grace is so amazing!
Psalm 89:8 O Lord God Almighty, who is like you? You are mighty, O Lord, and your faithfulness surrounds you.